Sunday, November 13, 2016

Day 3

Today, the challenge was to avoid mainstream media, focussing on only things I think will progress my day.
I will have to admit that it wasn't difficult, especially with my 13.5 hour work day keeping me occupied from good, rich, mainstream content. I do however miss my daily intake of Barack Obama and Joe Biden memes !

Since I was excluded from electronics for most of the day, it was hard to describe how this challenge impacted me, however, I can say that on a normal day where Im not being challenged, I'm usually on my electronics, killing time on memes and tabloids and such. That allows me to efficiently kill time while allowing me to catch the daily fad and feed of memes.
Because of that every day instinct to check my phone every given opportunity to see whats new, my fingers were constantly itching to press that unlock button and go to the facebook app. I actually managed to not open facebook all day, going as far as only messages with my friends. Trump of course was part of the conversation this time. Other than that, I didn't consume any more mainstream media.

The lack of knowledge of whats happening around the world today really got me thinking. Ive noticed that I was only able to comment on conversations pertaining old news. I was completely excluded from the daily meme conversation at work, not only because I had nothing to contribute but also to follow the guidelines of the challenge. In all I felt like I was missing part of my life to function. Many of my interactions with other humans involve referencing everyday material and when that aspect is gone it changes the way I interact with others, taking a little bit of me out of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment